Assignment - Simon 03/24
Back to About
Application for Host Family
Date of Birth
1. What would you consider to be the most enjoyable way to spend your time on a Friday evening?
Go to a party with friends
Play video games alone in your room
Curl up on the living room couch and read a book
Play a board game with your host family
Attend a musical concert
2. If your host family have pets, which animal or animals would you prefer?
3. What would be the most fun thing for you to do on a Saturday afternoon?
Go shopping in the city
Go for a mountain hike with your host family
Visit an amusement park
Visit an art museum
Dine at a restaurant
Watch a basketball game on television Play soccer with your friend
4. If your host parents asked you to help around the house, which one of these chores would you prefer?
Clean your room
Cook dinner for your family
Wash the dishes
Take the dog for a walk
Mow the grass
None of them above
5. On a weekend morning, what would you rather do?
Rise early and go for a walk
Rise early and do homework
Rise early and cook breakfast for the family Sleep until noon
6. If you lived a half mile or 0.8 kilometers from school, how would you prefer to travel to and from school during nice weather?
7. If you were at a party with host family, friends and strangers, what would you enjoy doing the most at this event?
Talking with your friends
Spending time with your host family members
Meeting new people
Sitting at a quiet table by yourself
8. If you were sad about something, who would you confide in first?
Your own parents
Your best friend
Your host brother or sister
Your host parents
9. Which of these activities have you experienced before? Check all that apply.
Sleeping outdoors in a tent
10. Which of these activities would you want to try for the first time? Check all that apply.
Riding an ATV (All Terrain Vehicle) Roller skating
Cross country skiing Snowmobiling
Sleeping outdoors in a tent Snow tubing or sledding Jet skiing
Baseball or softball
1. Have you ever lived with a host family? Where and for how long?
2. Are you and your parents open to a Host Family of any race, religion or ethnic background? If not, please explain.
3. Would you be willing to live with another exchange Student in the same host family, but in separate rooms? If not, please explain.
4. Have you ever lived with a host family? Where and for how long?
5. What are your favorite activities?
6. Would you be willing to live with a family that has cats and/or dogs?
7. Would you be willing to help your Host Parents with household chores?
8. Do you have any allergies? Please explain.
9. Are you taking any prescription medications? Please explain.
10. Do you have a health condition that your Homestay Parents should know about? Please explain.
11. List four words to describe yourself.
Copyright © 2015 Junda Yu. All rights reserved.